Photo above: Bald Eagle Twp. Employees, pre-cleanup prep completed by Derek Caris (left) & Brock Gallagher (right). 30+ tires removed from Shade Hollow Rd. hillside.
Volunteers are invited to participate in the Shade Hollow Road Forest Cleanup on Saturday, May 20, 2023, in Bald Eagle Township, Clinton County.
- Where: Meet on Shade Hollow Road, Bald Eagle Twp.
- Directions: From Rt. 220 take Mill Hall exit. At traffic light, turn left (west) onto Rt. 150 (Hogan Blvd.). Drive over Bald Eagle Creek bridge. At traffic light, turn right onto Lusk Run Rd. Drive 1-mile & turn left onto Shade Hollow Rd (TR 367). At “Y” stay to the left & drive uphill. Asphalt road ends & gravel road begins. Drive past 911 address 510 Shade Hollow Rd. to cleanup site. Arrive by 9:15 am.
- When: May 20, Saturday from 9:30 AM-12:30 PM
Litter collection teams: Join Bald Eagle Twp. staff as we remove man-made litter from the forested hillside adjacent to Shade Hollow Rd. Volunteers will bag litter. Heavy equipment operators will support volunteers from the roadway. Work area is challenging; hillside slope is moderate to steep — litter strewn beneath shrubs & woody debris. Long pants & closed toes shoes are mandatory. Youth between the ages of 12-17 must be accompanied by a participating adult. Insect repellent provided by CleanScapes.
- Pre– registration requested by Thursday, May 18, 12 noon.
- Registered volunteers will be provided donuts, gloves, trash bags, safety vests & pizza!
- Registration & questions, contact Elisabeth Lynch at 570.726.3511 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
PROJECT PARTNERS, SUPPLIES & FUNDING
Project partners, supplies & funding provided by: CleanScapes Members, Bald Eagle Twp., Clinton Co. Government, Wayne Twp. Landfill/Solid Waste Authority, First Quality, PennDot District 2, OIP of Mill Hall, the Clinton County Community Foundation, Keep PA Beautiful, William “Billy” Edwards & Brenda & Donald Lysle.
Spring Events: May 6 & 13 Free Mulch, Bald Eagle Twp., May 20 Shade Hollow Roadside cleanup Phase 2, Bald Eagle Twp. In June, the 2nd annual electronics recycling event for Clinton County residents.